- The Petzl GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking works equally well for lead climbing and top roping.
- It may be used on all single dynamic 8.9 to 11 mm ropes on the market (ideal at 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm). Both compact and ultra-light, the GRIGRI 2 will accompany you on climbs around the world for many years.
- The Petzl GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent.
- Belay technique identical to classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope. Assisted braking capability: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the free end of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding.
- The Petzl GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. In combination with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of control when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- The Petzl GRIGRI 2 is compact and ultra-light at 185g (25 % smaller and 20 % lighter than the GRIGRI)
- The construction includes a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (ideal at 9.4 to 10.3 mm)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior).
- Perfect partner for the Petzl William Triact-Lock
Weight : 170 g
Rope compatibility : For use with single ropes between 8.9 and
11 mm in diameter
Material(s) : aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and
friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
Certification(s) : pr EN 15151-1 type 6, UIAA
Made in : FR
Guarantee : 3 years
Reference : D14 2O
Color : orange
Reference : D14 2G
Color : gray
Reference : D14 2B
Color : blue