Belay Karabiners don’t always behave as you might want them to. There is potential for the biner to flip into a bad alignment and for cross loading to occur.
With this in mind DMM came up with a special clip that once locked in position prevents cross loading occurring by holding the biner and belay device in the correct alignment. There is another advantage too: the clip can only be locked if the Screwgate has been properly closed first.
It has a Taper Lock nose, a special flared profile on the nose of the 'biner which significantly increases the side loading strength of the gate. The belay Master 2 is also surprisingly light.
One of the safest belay biners ever made and a fool proof set up that has proved very popular with climbing walls and outdoor centres.
- Super safe belay 'biner.
- Plastic clip prevents cross loading.
- Taper Lock nose for greater gate strength in all directions.
- Strong and light I-Beam construction.
- Available with Screwgate locking system.
- Strength (Gate Closed) - 25kN.
- Strength (Gate Open) - 8kN.
- Strength (Minor Axis) - 10kN.
- Gate Opening - 20mm.
- Weight - 93g